Terms & Conditions
1. The Dr. Scholl's® website (the "Site") is sponsored by MSD Consumer Care, Inc. ("MSD Consumer Care"). Access to and use of the Site is subject to the terms and conditions of this User Agreement and Copyright Notice and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademark. BY ACCESSING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. MSD Consumer Care reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting.
2. The materials used and displayed on the Site, including, but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations, and artwork, video, music, and sound, and names, logos, trademarks and service marks, except where noted, are the property of MSD Consumer Care, or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Any such content may be displayed solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate any such material without the written permission of MSD Consumer Care. MSD Consumer Care. will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, but makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. This Site and its contents are designed to comply with U.S. laws and regulations.
3. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPOSED BY, AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
4. NEITHER MSD CONSUMER CARE NOR ANY OF ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVE OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THIS SITE.
5. Communications or material transmitted to Dr. Scholl's Online via the Internet are subject to interception or alteration by third parties. Although Dr. Scholl's Online will treat your information as confidential, we cannot guarantee absolute confidentiality.
6. MSD CONSUMER CARE IS IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT THAT IS POSTED, UPLOADED, CREATED ON, SHARED THROUGH, OR THAT OTHERWISE EXISTS ON ANY WEB PRESENCE OF MSD CONSUMER CARE INC. TO WHICH THESE TERMS APPLY. MSD CONSUMER CARE HAS NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR THE EXISTENCE OF OR THE TAKING DOWN OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY CONTENT. THIRD PARTY CONTENT DOES NOT REFLECT THE OPINIONS, BELIEFS, STATEMENTS, OR ACTIONS OF MSD CONSUMER CARE, AND MSD CONSUMER CARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY STEMMING THEREFROM.
7. MSD Consumer Care respects the intellectual property of others. If any content uploaded to this Site infringes upon your proprietary copyrights, you may send us a notice as described in Section 512(c)(2) of the United States Copyright Code. This process applies only to copyright issues. Other issues (e.g., impersonation, violations of someoneâs right of publicity, etc.), should be brought to our attention by contacting MSD Consumer Care, Inc., attn: Digital Marketing Group, 556 Morris Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901; or DMG@Merck.com.
(a) What Must the Notice Contain?
All notices of claimed copyright infringement must contain the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of either you or a person authorized to act on your behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, email address, and all other information we may need to contact you;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use at issue is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner of the material in question (or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner).
AN INCOMPLETE NOTICE WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM US, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE THE NOTICE IS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE.
(b) Where Should I Send My Notice?
Notices of claimed copyright infringement should be directed to:
MSD Consumer Care DMCA Agent: c/o MSD Consumer Care, Inc., attn: Digital Marketing Group, 556 Morris Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901; or DMCA_Agent@merck.com
All information you provide to our copyright agent will be used exclusively for the claimed infringement notice and response procedure, and will only be shared with other parties to the extent that the sharing is required to process the notice according to these Terms and Conditions. PLEASE NOTE: all other inquiries and communications, such as product or service questions, privacy inquiries, etc., will not receive a response if sent to the MSD Consumer Care DMCA Agent.
(c) What If My Content Was Subject to a Take-Down?
- If you have had a posting removed under the above take-down procedure, and you believe that the posting is not infringing, you may send a counter-notice to our copyright agent at the address(es) listed above. Your counter-notice must contain all of the following information in order to be a valid counter-notice:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts within the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by our copyright agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party, informing that person that we may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. The removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion, unless the original complaining party seeks a court order to stop the replacing/restoring of the content.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice pursuant to this section.
We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, prohibit users who may be repeat infringers from accessing the Site or making submissions.
8. The sites to which Dr. Scholl's Online links are not under the control of MSD Consumer Care. Accordingly, MSD Consumer Care makes no representations concerning the accuracy, content or operation of those sites. Provision of the link is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by MSD Consumer Care.
9. This User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the Site shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey.