- Foot, ankle and knee arthritis pain can really get in the way of an active lifestyle, making it a challenge to do everything you want to do. This is because with osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis, the cartilage, which cushions the joints and prevents the bones from rubbing against each other, begins to break down and wear away, resulting in joint pain and stiffness. This pain develops slowly and can gradually worsen over time.
- Dr. Scholl’s® Arthritis Pain Reliever is a gel that contains a medicine called diclofenac sodium which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). This medicated gel is applied to the skin, directly to the site of the pain, temporarily blocking the production of pain signaling chemicals called prostaglandins. It works by penetrating through your skin at the application site to deliver powerful arthritis pain relief. It is clinically proven to relieve arthritis pain.
Arthritis Pain Reliever
Arthritis Pain Reliever
We designed Dr. Scholl’s® Arthritis Pain Reliever for people who are faced with the challenges of arthritis joint inflammation, especially in the lower body, getting in the way of their active day. Available over the counter, this prescription strength non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) provides targeted powerful arthritis pain relief directly where you need it: your foot, ankle and knee.
- Clinically proven to relieve arthritis pain
- Fast absorbing, non-greasy, medicated gel
- Contains diclofenac sodium topical gel, 1%, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) for the daily treatment of arthritis pain.
- Reduces joint stiffness and improves mobility in your lower body.
- Unlike some products that just mask pain, it penetrates deep to instantly treat pain and inflammation of arthritis at the source and breaks the cycle of reoccurring discomfort.
- 50g (1.76 oz.): 12.5 lower body doses (or 25 upper body doses)
Before You Use Dr. Scholl’s® Arthritis Pain Reliever, read the Drug Facts label, which appears on the carton, and the User Guide included in the carton. Also, remove the dosing card from the inside of the carton.
Dr. Scholl’s® Arthritis Pain Reliever can be used on up to 2 body areas from the following list: a foot, an ankle, a knee, a hand, a wrist, an elbow. Do not use on more than 2 body areas at once.
Measure the correct amount using the dosing card.
For each lower body area (a foot, an ankle, or a knee): Squeeze gel from the tube equal to the length shown on the lower body section of the dosing card (4.5 inches).
For each upper body area (a hand, a wrist, or an elbow): Squeeze gel from the tube equal to the length shown on the upper body section of the dosing card (2.25 inches).
Gently rub Dr. Scholl’s® Arthritis Pain Reliever into the skin using your hand.
Wash your hands after applying (If the treated area is the hands wait up to 1 hour to wash the hands.
Wash the dosing card with water. Store dosing card with your Dr. Scholl’s® Arthritis Pain Reliever and keep out of reach of children.
Wait ten minutes before covering the treated areas with clothes.
Apply 4 times a day for best results
Active ingredient: Diclofenac sodium (NSAID) 1% (equivalent to 0.93% diclofenac) – Arthritis pain reliever
Inactive ingredients: carbomer homopolymer Type C, cocoyl caprylocaprate, fragrance, isopropyl alcohol, mineral oil, polyoxyl 20 cetostearyl ether, propylene glycol, purified water, strong ammonia solution