Are you planning on traveling anytime soon? You’re no doubt thinking about what you’ll need, including everything from a passport to underwear. While you’re putting together a list of essential travel items, be sure to consider your feet. Hours of sightseeing will make you aware of just how much you rely on your feet to get you through the day. Even though our feet are incredibly important, especially during active times, we often neglect them.
Many of us don’t realize what a beating our feet can take when we’re traveling. Hours of walking and standing while exploring city streets and visiting monuments and museums can lead to sore, achy and tired feet when we return to the hotel at the end of a long day. What’s more, we often don’t pack the right shoes or don’t break them in beforehand so we end up with blisters.
While packing for your feet might be the last thing on your mind as you prepare for your departure, your feet will be top of mind in an unfortunate way if you’re unprepared. In order to keep those feet going and avoid discomfort so that you can enjoy yourself on your trip, be sure to pack these essential foot care items.
Top 10 Items to Pack for Your Feet:
- Float-On-Air Foam Insoles – These foam insoles contain cushioning bubbles that bounce back as you walk so your feet can go longer without feeling tired and achy. They also provide odor control and arch support, and they’re designed to fit any type of shoe.
- Fitness Walking Insoles – These walking insoles are designed to alleviate muscle fatigue in both the feet and legs, making it easier and more enjoyable to walk for hours on end.
- Discreet Cushioning Insoles for Flats & Sandals – These are the right insoles if you experience foot discomfort while wearing flats or sandals. The slim and nearly invisible insoles provide arch support and shock absorption while easing pressure on the ball of the foot.
- Ultra Sweat-Absorbing Foot Powder – This powder is a must-have if you suffer from sweaty feet. Sprinkle a little directly on your feet and inside of your shoes to absorb sweat and neutralize odor.
- Moleskin Plus Padding Strips – If you notice that your shoes are rubbing or causing pressure on specific areas of your foot, these strips are a lifesaver. You can cut a strip to just the right size and apply it directly to any problem area on your foot. Cut as many pieces as you need. The thin, flexible strips are designed to relieve pressure and friction, helping to prevent blisters.
- Blister Treatment Cushions with DURAGEL® Technology – If you get a blister during your travels, these cushions can help you get on with your plans. They relieve pain and protect the skin, allowing the blister to heal. The adhesive keeps the cushion in place all day long. You can also use the cushions to help prevent blisters from occurring.
- Corn Cushions with DURAGEL® Technology – Corns can make walking painful but these miracle-working cushions provide comfort while helping to soften corns. They’re incredibly thin and flexible, and they stay put all day.
- Callus Cushions with DURAGEL® Technology – Calluses can form due to friction and pressure from shoes. These callus cushions shield the feet from shoe pressure while softening calluses.
- Bunion Cushions – If you have bunions, it’s incredibly important to protect them so that they don’t progress to a more serious condition. This can make it tricky when you’re trying to enjoy an active vacation. These bunion cushions offer exceptional protection against painful pressure and are designed to stay in place throughout the day.
- Severe Cracked Heel Balm – This is an easy-to-use, non-greasy balm specially formulated for dry, cracked feet. You can throw the balm into your hand bag or backpack and use it anytime during your travels thanks to the fuss-free applicator.
These essential foot care items take up very little space in a suitcase and will be worth their weight in gold while you’re traveling. A little preparation goes a long way towards an enjoyable, active vacation free of foot troubles so make sure your packing list is complete.